Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Jaxson!


     Well, we made it to 34 weeks 5 days.  After 2 years of struggle, 97 days of bed rest, and over 200 injections, Jaxson Thomas Miller decided that October 23rd would be his birthday.  

     The night before, I was having what I thought were Braxton-Hicks contractions for about 3 hours before bed.  They weren't painful, just my stomach tightening.  They ranged anywhere from 3-20 minutes apart.  I drank a bunch of water and they went away.  I do remember feeling a couple overnight.  When I woke up at 7:30 Wednesday morning, I noticed another contraction.  This made me wonder because I typically did not have any that early in the day.  Then I noticed another one 3 minutes later, and another 3 minutes after that.  Tom was getting Mason ready for preschool and I continued to time the painless contractions.  They were very consistent.  I decided to call the doctor at 8am.  They told me to head to the hospital to get checked out, especially with me being high-risk.  I got a quick shower and packed the rest of my hospital bag.  Around 9am, Tom and I were headed to Aultman.  On the way, the contractions started up in my back, and we knew it was time! 

       We arrived by 9:30 and by 10:00 they finally checked me out.  To my surprise, I was 3-4 cm dilated WITH my cerclage.  I was in labor.  By 11am, my doctor had arrived and we went straight to the operating room.  I received my spinal block and at 11:33am, Jaxson was born.  He weighed 5lbs 1oz and was 17 1/2 inches long.

     






No comments:

Post a Comment