Saturday, January 30, 2010

November 8th

After the baby shower, I was excited to start putting Mason's room together. I washed all his clothes, blankets, washcloths, towels, sheets, etc. Even though I knew I had about 8 weeks to go, I made his bed, Tom hung the mobile, and we put the final touches on his room. Sunday, November 8th, we headed over to Babies-R-Us to buy anything left on the registry. I am not one to procrastinate, so I wanted to make sure everything was in place before the arrival of Mason. We left the store and loaded all the baby gear into the trunk. Upon shutting the trunk of the Traverse, I muttered those words to Tom, "Ok, NOW we can have the baby!" Of course I didn't mean it literally, I just meant I felt good now that I had everything I wanted for Mason. Before heading home, we ate lunch at Panera. Throughout the entire meal, a little girl who was probably 9-10 months old kept staring at Tom and smiling. She must have known what was about to happen! On our way out, the little girl's parents asked us when we were due. We nonchalantly replied "In 7 weeks."

No comments:

Post a Comment